We are a small rural preschool, part of The Coastal Together Federation, a group of six schools and four preschools working in collaboration; based in the grounds of Freethorpe Primary School in the beautiful village of Freethorpe, we provide early education to Freethorpe and the surrounding villages of Halvergate, Wickhampton and Reedham. We have our own purpose built building with a wonderful large outdoor play area which is accessible for our children come rain or shine!
We pride ourselves on our nurturing environments where children thrive socially and emotionally as well as academically. All our children are encouraged to develop their communication and language, creativity, fine and gross motor skills, general knowledge and understanding of the world. Activities through the day include sharing stories, messy play, sand and water, malleable materials, small world, mark making, construction, creativity and problem solving. Our values are based around creativity, curiosity, collaboration and resilience, which our Key Workers model for children, helping them to develop into lifelong learners.
Freethorpe Preschool welcomes all children and our setting aims to provide high quality care and education for children from 2 years old until starting school. We work in partnership with parents, the local community and The Coastal Together Federation to support children with their learning and development. As a federation of small schools, we know our children, their families and our communities incredibly well and are able to adapt our curriculum to suit every child and help them to make real progress.
At Freethorpe Preschool we strive to…
- Prepare our children for the next stage of their education through promoting play, exploration, creative thinking and active learning.
- Work closely with parents and carers to enhance the development of all children.
- Provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment.
- Effectively deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage to ensure our children have the best possible start.
- Support every child so they can reach their potential, ensuring equality of opportunity for all the children and families.
We Can Offer Your Child:
- Staff that are highly trained and qualified to support your children with their learning and development.
- Learning opportunities which are carefully tailored to your child’s interests and needs.
- A commitment to provide equal opportunities for all individuals.
Our children spend a large amount of time exploring and there is close access to outdoor areas. Whatever the weather, there is continuous provision including messy play, a mud kitchen, sand and water play, ride on toys, climbing and construction equipment; all designed to enhance your child’s imagination.
If you have a nursery aged child 2, 3 or 4 and are looking for childcare you are very welcome to book an appointment to look around the preschool setting to see how our children are flourishing!