We can take children from 2, 3 and 4 years old at our preschool, with or without funding.
2 Year Olds
Thousands of children across Norfolk have a right to funded early education from the age of two. If you receive qualifying benefits, your 2-year-old can access up to 570 hours of funded early education and childcare a year. This is usually taken as 15 hours a week over 38 weeks, from the claim period following their second birthday.
If you don't receive a qualifying benefit, but think you meet other eligibility criteria:
You might get a 'Not Found' result on your first eligibility check. Please do the check again, this time adding a supporting document to your application. This could be:
- Your Universal Credit statement for the past three months
- A court order documentation
- A letter confirming an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan is in place
- A letter confirming a Disability Living Allowance (DLA) award
You can check your eligibility here
3 and 4 Year Olds
All 3 and 4-year-olds, living in England, are entitled to 570 funded hours of early education and childcare, over three claim periods each year. This is known as the Universal Offer.
Early education and childcare will offer your child an opportunity to learn through play and new experiences, alongside other children. These learning experiences will enable your child to build on what they already know and do with you at home.
- You do not have to use all the 15 funded hours each week
- Not all providers are able to offer 15 funded hours
- You can choose to take your funded hours between more than one provider
A child will receive funded early education and childcare until they reach statutory school age or attend school in a maintained or academy reception class (Year R).
If you meet the criteria and think you may be eligible for extended funding please apply here or call the HMRC Childcare Service helpline on 0300 123 4097.